Sunday, May 24, 2015

springside farm


This weekend Ansel and I met our friend Alicia at Springside Farm in Fabius, NY for the sheep and alpaca shearing festival. It was a perfect day for it: sunny, not too hot. Lots of kids running around making noise. 

I got to hold a lamb in my lap. 
We saw pot-bellied pigs, and chickens, and bunnies, and of course sheep and alpacas. 
Alpacas never cease to amaze me. Their funny heads, their alert but odd stance, their big eyelashes. And of course their beautiful fur.

I thought I might draw some of them, but the crowds (and I suppose my residual shyness) were a deterrent to my getting out sketching materials in the barn. 
Instead, I plopped myself down in the grass outside and drew: 

Ansel, from a distance, wandering around a pond:


A blossoming tree:



And a view of the whole picturesque farm.




No comments:

Post a Comment