Friday, October 10, 2014

happy birthday!

My blog will be a year old tomorrow! I never thought that I would have a blog like this, or paint or draw or sing, so I thought a fitting tribute would be this song, which is all about possibility. It's called Elanor's Moving Castle, and I recorded a version tonight. It's been a while since I've played or sung it, so it might be a little rough, but that's all part of it I guess! The words are below just in case you want to follow along.

Thank you all for reading, and being here with me.
(by the way, at Beate's suggestion, I put in labels for all my posts, so now they're searchable! You can find all my paintings and drawings of my coffee cup, for example, under the label "cup" :)  )




far
near
there
here

banners
streaming
music playing

underneath
fruit trees
people sit
singing

courtyards
towers
poetry
flowers

then
now
where
how
never
forever

put your back
against a tree
look up at
the ridge with me
you will see
it's all as true
as true can be

far
near
there
here

No comments:

Post a Comment